About & Contact
Ed Hauder maintains this blog as a place to discuss trends, developments, issues and items of interest concerning equity compensation plans. Ed intends to roll out some additional features for the blog over the next several months. So, if you have any suggestions on how Ed can improve this blog to make it more useful to folks who work on equity compensation plan proposals and amendments, please let him know. He can be reached using the contact form below.
Ed’s Brief Bio
- Senior advisor and practical thought leader: Ed is known industry-wide as a leading advisor on executive compensation matters. He maintains long-term relationships with numerous companies, serves on the CompensationStandards.com Executive Compensation Task Force, maintains his acclaimed Equity Compensation Blog, contributes to The Advisors Blog on CompensationStandards.com, and is a practical thought leader on compensation matters.
- Experience across a range of industries: Ed has consulted with hundreds of companies in all areas of executive and director compensation. Ed focuses on keeping public companies out of the penalty box with shareholders and the media and helps companies understand and find practical solutions for technical matters impacting compensation, e.g., financial accounting, securities, tax, and corporate governance issues. His expertise includes ISS compensation modeling and policies, which enabled him to create the Flexible Share Authorization to maximize equity plan flexibility.
- Articles and quotes on compensation issues: Ed has recently written articles that have appeared in The Corporate Board, workspan Weekly, BNA’s Executive Compensation Library and Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal. He has been quoted in such publications as Forbes, Business Finance, HR Magazine and The NASPP Advisor.
- Speaker: Ed has spoken at numerous local and national conferences on executive compensation, including the annual conferences and local chapter meetings of The National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, WorldatWork, and the American Bar Association. Ed regularly speaks at the Practising Law Institute’s Annual Disclosure Conference in Chicago (since the program began), and has conducted numerous local and national webcasts on executive compensation issues.
- Background and education: Before joining Exequity, Ed was employed as a Principal at Buck Consultants where he managed the Technical Solutions and Innovation Team. Prior to that Ed was a member of Hewitt Associates’ Executive Compensation Center of Technical Excellence. Ed received a B.A. in International Relations from Juniata College, a J.D., cum laude, from Seattle University School of Law, and an LL.M. (Tax), with honors, from IIT-Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Comments, questions, and advertising inquiries are welcome. Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form
Comments, questions, and advertising inquiries are welcome.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form