The Say on Pay Frequency Tracking page has been updated to reflect proxies filed through February 26, 2011.
Even after 46 new SOP frequency recommendations this past week, the Triennial SWOP remains the frequency recommended by a majority of the companies that have filed their proxies so far, but the percentage of companies recommending an annual SOP vote frequency continue to increase (Annual SOP frequency has increased by 4.9 percentage points over the past three weeks, going from 28.5% (week of 1/24/11) to 33.4% (last week)). Another company came out with a biennial SOP frequency recommendation. Finally, three companies this past week came forward with no recommendation on SOP frequency.
Notable companies that filed proxies last week and indicated their preference for say on pay vote frequency:
- Annual: Ameren Corporation, DirecTV, Eaton Corporation, Genuine Parts Company, KB Home, Marathon Oil Corporation, The McGraw-Hill Companies, The Progressive Corporation, TCF Financial Corporation
- Biennial: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.,
- Triennial: Waddell & Reed Financial, Willis Group Holdings Public Limited Company
- No Recommendation: United Technologies Corporation
Here are the current stats:
- Annual: 99 (33.4%)
- Biennial: 16 (5.4%)
- Triennial: 166 (56.1%)
- No recommendation: 15 (5.1%)
Total companies tracked: 296